Thursday, May 12, 2011

Recycled Gift Box

I am finding myself more and more trying not to throw things away that can be possibly used again. Trying to find that balance between becoming the next hoarder and finding time to actually re-purposing those items.


Can you guess what this gift package was made of?





My brother-n-law's birthday was coming up and I wanted a creative way to wrap a gift card. The Crystal Light plastic container fit perfectly. I wrapped it with scraps of card stock and scrapbook paper. The tag is made with a Stampn' Up! stamp and tag punch. I punch a whole in the top and pulled the ribbon through which made it easy to open.










So the next time you make iced tea don't throw that Crystal Light container away! I am going to post some more items that I have created with these containers. Can you tell we are big sweet tea drinkers?!?!?!?

2 comments:

  1. Very fancy! I would love it if sometime you could share how you made the circle bow. I know what you mean about repurposing household items; ever since I started my blog nothing leaves the house without good second and third thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Yvonne, the circular bow took some figuring out. Will post this next!

    ReplyDelete