Sunday, July 18, 2010

Art inspired yet again by my kids!

Okay for the last week I have felt like hollering "Put on our Big girl Panties and deal with it!" It seemed like everything my daughter decided was too hard she would give up on. This is not something new and totally against my personality which is to keep at it until you figure it out. . . . . .aka stubbornness. So I created this piece of art to hang in my newly remodeled mud room. I will see this every time I leave or enter the house, I figure it is a good mantra to head out the day with. While I was painting the panties my daughter came into the room and with a very concerned face asked "uh . . Mom why are you painting a pair of panties?" Made for a funny conversation. I plan on posting pics of the mud room later in the week as I am trying to put the finishing touches on it. Oh and I need ideas for a companion piece to hang on my husband's side of the room. Any ideas for funny but cute sayings with a masculine feel?
Thinking of offering this for sale in an Etsy store, so please tell me what you think!!!!

2 comments:

  1. When I first glanced at the picture, I thought it was perhaps a Dr. Seuss book I had not heard about yet! It has that type of look to it! Very cute. How about "Don't get your skivvies in a bunch!" or "Put on your tidy whities and deal with it!" I don't know! Whatever you come up with will be cute!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your big girl panties sign! Good reminder for dealing with what life hands us. :-)

    ReplyDelete