Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Just not sure how to post this . . .so being blunt and to the point!

I pride myself (yes I know just saying this is asking God to give a lesson . .read on he does) in being in control. I have it together, there is nothing I can't tackle. No project I can't meet head on. Well that is until I put together the following mix:

New house + new city + two small kids + fibromyalgia + a puppy
= A Stressed out & Emotional Mom

Maggie is a wonderful puppy. She just did what puppies do nip, play, poop (in and out of the house), pea (in and out of the house), whine. Add that to my two kids and my health problems and by day 5 I was a wreck. It takes a tremendous amount to get me to the point I was at but she did it fully. Top it off my kids were terrified of the puppy. If they were around her either I had to be right beside them or they would perch themselves on the top of furniture and scream.

So after an emotional break down we decided to take Maggie back to the breeder. It was a very hard decision and not one done lightly. If you are judging me please show me some grace. I am so thankful for the lesson that I cannot do it all. That I need HIM with me and there are just some things I can't (gulp) do right now. I HATE saying I can't or no.

It broke my heart to disappoint my hubby's 8 year wait for a dog. It broke my heart to let her go but I know there is a better family out there for her.

So I also apologize for not posting. Sometime we will own a dog. Maybe an older one, probably when my kids are older.

I give anyone that has small kids, and a puppy due credit!!!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain...I have three daughters..all close in age...when they were 4, 2 and new born my brother-in-law and wife (they have no kids) gave us a cocker spaniel puppy as a BIRTH present...didn't ask, just dropped it off!! We gave it 8 months...gorgeous dog but I had no time for it, it did everything your dog did...and more...plus it started to jump the fence and would bring back things like a ladies high heel shoe, a nightie, a work boot, a rubber toy...got caught by the pound and we had to pay a fine. Rusty would jump on the kids and knock them over..always a crying kid!! Then we discover why our baby was sick all the time...ALLERGIC to dogs!! Rusty had to go! It was the right thing to do for us and for Rusty!! We found a great home for him and he had a happy life with people who had time for him. When the baby turned 6 we got a cockapoo (poodles don't have dander so no allergies)...and we have had dogs ever since! So tell your hubby he will get his dog...down the road and DON'T feel guilty!! Your dog is much better off then if he had stayed! You did the right thing!! Keep smilin'!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vickie, someday it may be right for all of you to have a dog. Sounds like the timing was off this time. Too much, too soon. I am not sure if I ever knew you had fibro. A dear blogger friend of mine also has fibro.. and she has written of it a few times. Have you visited Misha's blog? http://frommyfrontporchinthemountains.blogspot.com/
    Here's to better days ahead! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete